Since the early 1970's Graham has spent his life encouraging, supporting and developing people in leadership and management roles.
Over that period he has worked in leadership
roles in community-based youth work, management roles in government and private enterprise and has directed a
Leadership, Coaching and Training Consultancy since 1984. He sees this as a calling and his vision has
been to assist in unlocking the potential that lives within people that leads to an effective and satisfying way
of being. In short, his commitment has been to help people to learn rather than teaching them.
Graham has had extensive experience in the Training and Development field. This experience started in the field of
Youth work where he was instrumental in developing strategic training and development for youth workers and young
people and then, in the mid 1980's, he moved into the leadership, management and development consultancy field within
organisations. His consultancy has three interrelated arms or services: Leadership development programs, Coaching and
Facilitation services and a Training arm.
Since the inception of the consultancy Graham has built up a formidable client base that includes small to large business enterprises,
government organisations and 'not for profit' groups covering such sectors as health, human services, education and training, oil and gas, finance, mining
and manufacturing. Since the mid 1990's there has been a clear bent toward leadership development and the powerful
process of coaching. Today, within the scope of the 'three arms of the consultancy' up to two thirds of Graham's
professional time is focussed on Executive Coaching (coaching leaders) within a wide range of organisations.
Since the early 2000's Graham has coached around 470 leaders (CEO's, General Managers and Branch Managers and other leaders)
for a total of around 4900 coaching hours. He is usually coaching between 35 - 45 clients at any given time.
Graham's coaching tends to move in and out of what he likes to call 'Outer Work' and 'Inner Work'. Outer Work being coaching
for performance - to do with setting and achieving goals and choosing and executing actions. Inner Work relates to
coaching for 'being' and is to do with beliefs, values, purpose, confidence, courage and centring.
Graham holds an ontological coaching qualification, which has been instrumental in providing a coaching approach that
assists in the exploration of 'way of being' and becoming an observer of one's self. In his role as a faculty member within Coach School for 10 years he has worked extensively within the ICF competencies and generic coaching model like the GROW model as well as NLP principles. This wide range of exposure to a range of coaching models and distinctions enhances the Graham’s ability to provide effective coaching for performance and way of being.
Graham brings a healthy mix of genuine care, support, challenge and responsibility and a deep interest in his coaching.
He has a growing range of coaching tools, distinctions, perspectives and observations that are shared with permission, dignity and
Leadership, Facilitation & Coaching Programs
Graham has been involved in the following key leadership, facilitation and coaching programs over recent years:
- Advanced coach training for 94 Leadership and Development staff in St John of God hospitals across Australia (2018 – 2020)
- Leadership program for the Executive Leadership Team of the School of Pharmacy and Biomedicine at Curtin University (2018)
- Co-delivery of Coaching Skills for Effective Teams at the WA Health Department (2017)
- Facilitation of ITC Technology Conference (2012 - 2014)
- Facilitation of an optimisation program for Ascent Investments and Ascent Foundation (2014 - current)
- Coach training programs 'Taking the Coaching Approach' for Saint John of God Health Care across Australia involving 308 leaders (2014 - 2019)
- Conduct a coach training program for the management team of Western Areas Ltd (2014-2015)
- Frontline Management Program for leaders at Western Areas Ltd (2014 - current)
- Facilitation and Project Management of the Core Coaching Skills Development Program for Iluka Resources Ltd leaders (2012 - 2017)
- Project Manage and Coach in the Iluka Resources Ltd Supervision Development Program (2011 - 2017)
- Facilitation of Corporate Culture initiative - PTTEP Australasia (2010 - 2012)
- Facilitation of Cultural Change program for McMahon's (2009)
- Facilitation of Woodside OPREP process - Woodside (2001 - 2014)
- Frontline Management Program & Leadership program - Gold Fields Australia - Agnew Gold Mine (2003 - 2011)
- Frontline Management Program & Leadership program - Barrick Gold - Lawlers Gold Mine (2000 - 2011)
- Coaching Program - Director General - Health Department (2002 - current)
- Key Steps Leadership & Coaching Program - Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mine (2000 - 2007)
- Executive Coaching Program - Agnew Gold Mining Company (2005 - 2010)
- 'Designing the Future' - Leadership, Facilitation and Coaching program @ Power Training Services during 2006 - 2007
- 'Designing the Future' - Leadership, Facilitation and Coaching program @ Western Power Corporation (2000 - 2002)
- 'Designing the Future' - Leadership, Facilitation and Coaching program @ Peters & Brownes Foods (2003 - 2005)